- We hold a valid Riding Establishment Licence whereby our donkeys are checked by an independent council appointed vet for fitness and suitability for work.
- Our equipment is independently checked for suitability.
- We carry £10m of public liability insurance for your peace of mind.
- We are CRB disclosure checked, for working with children and vulnerable adults.
- Risk Assessment (6)
- Insurance document
- Licence Document
Your privacy is important to the Hayling Island Donkey Sanctuary. Given below is how we use and protect any information we may hold about you.
While working with donkeys over the years we have seen first hand how these careful, intelligent creatures will give themselves wholeheartedly to whatever task you ask of them once they trust you. Many have enjoyed the rewards from these hard working animals but what happens when they become too old to work, have problems, or nobody wants them? We passionately believe they deserve a comfortable, safe home, quality care and affection for the rest of their lives and we are developing such a place on Hayling Island.
What information is being collected about you?
For us to achieve our objectives in the area of donkey welfare we need to raise money from members of the public through inspiring them to donate and join our efforts in rescuing and caring for donkeys. To achieve that, we need to contact supporters and potential supporters through various means including mail, advertising and email. When we collect personal data, we will always have clear marketing preferences displayed and information about how to change how we contact you , including if you wish us to stop contacting you entirely.
How is data collected?
- For the sanctuary to continue operating we rely on donations from the public. To do this, we seek to find new people who may be interested in the work we do and may want to help us by donating money. The Sanctuary deeply respects its supporters and is keen to work with them to ensure we don’t annoy or abuse our relationship. To do this, every communication we make has clear instructions on how to change the frequency of contacts, including how to stop entirely. New contacts are sourced from members of the public themselves, such as asking to be kept informed.
- Online: Through use of our website, we if your information is supplied to us through a third party, such as Just Giving or Social Media sites, they will provide their privacy settings that control their use of your data.
- Education: through our objectives to inform the public on matters of donkey welfare, together with using our donkeys to help people with various learning progammes we will also collect data about people using our services.
- Adopt a donkey. We keep a record of those people who have adopted a donkey so that we can give them the option of renewing their membership after their annual subscription has lapsed.
Hayling Island Donkey Sanctuary does not sell personal details to any other organisation. Our data is held on secure computer systems following modern data security practice and in secure data format. We also hold some paper records, also kept securely. Only properly authorised personnel are able to access this information and only for clearly defined reasons. For non-fundraising reasons, we also hold data relating to our volunteers.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
We do not undertake any ‘doorstep’ fundraising methods, not do we call people on the telephone to raise funds. We will contact you to let you know about our ongoing projects and progress with the aim of providing a sanctuary and a home for ill-treated or unwanted donkeys. To fund this work, we will ask for donations.
Sharing your information
We know that our supporters are real people and deserve our utmost respect in our dealings with them, and the information we hold about them. We are legally required to adhere to the Data Protection Act and, from 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regular (GDPR). If you have any queries, please get in touch on 02392 465640 via e mail: email@example.com or through our website www.haylingislanddonkeys.co.uk